With beautiful wineries, scenic mountain bike trails and stunning coastline, Marlborough has plenty to offer. Check out our picks for all the exciting and adventurous things you can do in Marlborough!
The Marlborough Wine Trail -
Marlborough is part of the Classic NZ Wine Trail which is a self-drive touring route around wineries or you can choose to join a guided tour or hire a bike, with more than 30 cellar doors, tasting award-winning wines along the way. Click Here for the Wine Trail Map
Marlborough Vineyard Restaurants -
Indulge in a leisurely lunch at a vineyard restaurant, and pair the wine with local produce to create the ultimate match made in Marlborough.
Vineyard Restaurants: Lunches - Wither Hills, Saint Clair and Wairau River
Evening Restaurants: Gramados, Harvest, Arbour, Raupo, Hans Herzog
Top picks for things to do in Marlborough
1. Wine Tours and Cycle Tours around the region
2. Visit Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre - World Class Aviation Centre showcasing aircrafts
3. Dine in a winery restaurant.
5. Mussel or salmon cruise in the Marlborough Sounds with Marlborough Tours
6. Marlborough Farmers’ Market (Sundays from October till the end of May)
7. Marlborough Sounds cruise/dolphin watching or swimming with E-ko Tours
8. Mailboat Cruise with Pelorus Mail Boat
9. Try Mussels from Havelock, Mussel Pot Café for mouth-watering food
10. Day hikes (Wither Hills, Wairau Lagoon). Longer Hikes (Queen Charlotte Track)
11. Mountain biking and cycle touring of the vineyards and Wither Hills Farm Park
12. Popular walkways along the Taylor River Reserve and Pollard Park